Pupil Premium Grant
As you may be aware, the Government give funding to schools for looked after children, children with parents who are in the Armed Forces and children who are in receipt of free school meals or have been in previous years. We ensure that the money is spent wisely to ensure that the children benefit directly from the extra funding. In the past year the money has been spent on the following:
- Subsidising swimming lessons, residential visits, visits and visitors to enhance the curriculum
- Providing music tuition to whole year groups and individual children
- Providing additional Teaching Assistants to give extra support where needed
- Providing places at the breakfast club
- Providing an additional Lunchtime Supervisor who is able to run a Nurture group, offering support to children when they need it most
- Providing 1:1 tuition
- Providing additional training for teachers and assistants to enable them to support children with specific needs, i.e. Attachment Disorder
Without this additional funding, many of the opportunities that all children have benefitted from, would not have been able to happen. These opportunities develop and foster the children’s love of learning; impacting on their attainment and progress in all areas of the curriculum.
Please follow the link below to see how we spent our Pupil Premium allocation in 2016-2017 and the impact this had on the children’s progress.
Pupil Premium Champion
In order to improve our own practise so that we have a positive impact upon the children, we constantly review and adapt our planning. In the Autumn Term, we took the decision to appoint a Pupil Premium Champion who would work specifically with the children in receipt of Pupil Premium across the school. This would allow us to have a more consistent approach across the school and increase the impact of the funding on each individual child.
Mrs Adcock took on this role in January and has spent time with each child to produce an individual action plan. If your child is in receipt of Pupil Premium, after half term Mrs Adcock will be writing to you so that you are fully informed about the targets your child is working towards, and you’ll be invited in to discuss any specific support that you feel would benefit your child. You will also be able to discuss your child’s targets with the class teacher during the parent consultation meetings.
Please follow the link below to see our updated plan on how the funding is being spent this year.